Kene Chinweze focuses his practice on oil and gas title matters.
His interest in the oil and gas industry stems from his father’s career as a geologist at Baker Hughes. Kene began his career in the oil and gas industry as a petroleum landman negotiating oil and gas leases with mineral owners and analyzing oil and gas contracts and real property documents to determine legal ownership of land and minerals. He also drafted and reviewed surface‐use agreements, subordination agreements, and affidavits, in addition to authoring comprehensive title runsheets in the Barnett Shale.
Prior to joining Barry Conge Harris LLP, Kene served as an oil and gas attorney with two Houston law firms, where he drafted original, supplemental, and division order title opinions. His experience extends to various title instruments and exploration and production contracts. Kene is an active member in both the Houston Bar and Texas Young Lawyers Associations.
- Worked as a petroleum landman: drafted and reviewed legal contracts, authored comprehensive title runsheets and land reports, and performed acquisitions due diligence (Sept. 2006-Oct. 2008).
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Presenter, “Lessons in Lease Maintenance,” February 26, 2015, Houston, Texas.
- 151st Civil District Court, Houston, TX (Summer 2005).
- State Bar of Texas,
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Section
- Houston Bar Association
- Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section
- Texas Young Lawyers Association