Michael Spalding focuses his practice on oil and gas title matters, specifically in the preparation of comprehensive drilling, division order and acquisition title opinions for major and independent oil and gas companies, as well as counseling clients on complex legal matters involving upstream acquisitions and operational issues in Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas.
As a former assistant district attorney with the Harris County District Attorney’s Office, he has substantial first chair trial experience. Prior to joining Barry Conge Harris LLP, Michael worked for a Houston-based energy firm.
A Houston native, Michael is the third generation of his family to pursue a career in the oil and gas industry.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- “The Chicken or The Rig: Striking a Balance Between Species Conservation and Energy Production,” American Bar Association, Environment, Energy and Resources Section, Oil and Gas Committee Newsletter, July 2013
- Presenter, “Dealing with Top Leases,” September 24, 2014, Houston, TX
- State Bar of Texas,
- Oil, Gas, and Energy Resources
- Real Estate
- Kansas Bar Association,
- Oil, Gas, and Mineral Law
- Oklahoma Bar Association,
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Real Property
- Houston Bar Association